There has been much progress on my pre-delivery to-do list. Thank you so much for all your encouragement.
Jason was home one day and we didn’t have anywhere we needed to be so I asked if he would help me get things ready. We worked the entire day. I think this is called “nesting.” I’m still amazed at the list of things we got done:
1. Picked up the garage and went through all the piles of stuff.
2. Found all my baby clothes and blankets.
3. Went through and sorted all my baby boy clothes into size appropriate bins and got rid of things I won’t need.
4. Straightened and put things away in my closet.
5. Cleared out all the junk that had piled up in our bedroom and put it away.
6. Sorted through all of the stuff in Little Jason’s closet.
7. Went through my pantry and re-organized.
8. Fixed a place for the baby in our room.
9. Took a car load of things to the Good will.
Well I felt great at the end of the day, that is until I woke up to go to the bathroom that night. I could not walk. I was so sore! It felt like I had run five miles and lifted weights having not done so in a year. I know what it will feel like when I’m old! The whole next day I was in pain. It’s a wonder I didn’t go into labor!
This week a friend offered to come and help me clean. Poor thing had no idea I was going to have her sweep and mop all my floors, but she was a trooper. It was something that in this condition I just would not have been able to do. While she worked, I cleaned my kitchen counters that all needed a good scrubbing. We got a lot done.
Finally, Vanessa, a local blogger contacted me and asked if I had purchased a car seat yet. I hadn’t so she offered me hers! We met for breakfast. She kept me fascinated with stories from her life, and I came home with an awesome car seat!
Oh and I did actually buy a box of diapers! I feel so much more prepared and relaxed about things now. I thank the Lord for His provision!