I am about four weeks away from having this baby and in complete panic mode! This is not very long, and I am slower and more tired than ever. I keep making these mental lists of things that need to get done before I go to the hospital, but I’m not making much headway.
1. Make arrangements for the kids. My parents are planning on coming, but should this baby not co-operate with our timing? I have no plan B. If you know me and live close, you may just get a call at three in the morning some day soon!
2. Buy an infant carseat. Our old one fell apart and we threw it out.
3. Buy a crib mattress. We have serious problems with investing in mattresses. We still have the one we bought for Faith ten years ago. It is ripped and…my three year old is still using it!
4. Clean the house. Yeah right! Sorry friends and family should you come over I think you’re going to see how we really live!
5. Freeze some meals to make those first couple of months easier. Well, I had big plans. I’ve gotten a few done, but I think my crew will be living on sandwiches for a few months!
6. Get half way through our homeschooling year so that I can take those weeks off between Thanksgiving and Christmas. This is not happening! I finally decided that I’m not teaching my kids what they need if I’m shouting and screaming like a crazy woman. We’ve slowed the pace and when I start feeling the blood boil, we quit for the day or take a break if it’s early. If we have school work to finish in August it won’t be the end of the world…or will it?
7. Figure out where I’m going to put this baby and how I’m going to combine the others. This goes around and around in my mind. The perfect solution just will not present itself. I may be drawing names out of a hat!
8. Locate my newborn boy clothes, burp rags, and blankets. Where or where are you? I’m tired of this game of hide and seek!
9. Write enough blog posts to get at least a week off! It’s my other job–ha ha! I keep planning this, but not doing it. Maybe some of you will send me some hilarious guest posts to share with my readers. Hint. Hint.
10. Buy some diapers! This hit me yesterday. I should have at least one package of diapers here and ready–for crying out loud!
Oh it would be so nice to have all this done, but I keep telling myself that if none of it gets done we will survive! Somehow it will all be okay, maybe not ideal, but okay. I’ve forgotten something haven’t I? I know I have. Pack a bag for the hospital! That must be it! Now, what am I supposed to put in it again?