It’s that time of year again, the month of love! It has become a tradition of mine to write down and publicly share things I love about my husband. It’s part of my Valentine’s Day gift to him, but I just think it’s a great practice not only to think of all the great things about him, but to write them down and share them. So here are some things I love about my husband. This list is not exhaustive and is in no particular order.
1. He makes his own breakfast. Anyone that knows my history with mornings understands!
2. He helps with the kids. At home, church, stores, restaurants, he doesn’t expect the kids to just be my job; he takes care of them too.
3. He studies toward and longs to be the family leader God made him to be.
4. He is the provider, and works hard at doing his job well.
5. He reads my blog. Skimming counts. 🙂
6. He laughs at my jokes!
7. He is my best friend.
8. He doesn’t talk negatively about me to other people.
9. He can keep a secret. I can trust him.
10. He gets cuter every year.
11. He encourages healthy eating. I figure we balance each other out! 🙂
12. He likes zombie movies, even though he won’t admit it. Ha ha!
13. He spends his time with our family.
14. He takes us out to eat. I doubt many men would enjoy taking 5 kids to a restaurant!
15. He has a heart for sharing the Gospel and works on becoming better at it.
16. He mows the lawn. I’ve never mowed a lawn in my life. Call me spoiled!
17. He does the dirty jobs around the house and outside when he’s at home.
18. He loves my family and is as excited to see them and get together with them as I am.
19. He encourages the kids to memorize Scripture.
20. He has learned to laugh at himself, and will share embarrassing things with me, because he knows how I will love to laugh.
21. He is a great driver and always does the driving when we’re together.
22. He turns the radio off, just for me.
23. He knows all of my faults, and still loves me.
24. He is a kind person.
25. He had the vision to homeschool and encourages me in that way.
Danita Carr says
Great Post! Just so you know, I haven’t ever mowed the yard either…and I don’t have to take out the trash…call it what you will.
I love reading about why other people love their husbands and I also love writing about my own husband. I started a list a while back and did 5 reasons each week (sometimes I skipped a week if I was busy or he was irritating, ha!) but I made it to 100 reasons and it’s time I started back up with #101.
I love this post!!!! So sweet to share those things about your husband. I too love that my husband helps with the children and spends time with our family! What a blessing. 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing this.
Thank you for this great post — gave me a wonderful idea to do for my husband.
Esther, I just found your hilarious blog through Pinterest. Subscribing, reading, laughing, and loving it all! 😀