In honor of Valentine’s day I’d like to share a few things that I appreciate about my husband. This list is not exhaustive or in any particular order.
1. When I crawl into bed after he’s already asleep, he says, “You awesome woman,” or some such variation -almost every time!
2. He likes to take the whole family out to eat and is actively involved with the children at the restaurant.
3. He watches movies with me even though that’s not his favorite past time.
4. He chose me and has never acted like he’s regretted it, although at times I wouldn’t blame him if he did. 🙂
6. He and I enjoy the same type of games.
7. He takes the kids for a half hour to an hour in the evenings on a regular basis so that I can do something without them.
8. He encourages me to stay fit and healthy. Well at least I’ll appreciate this some day! Ha!
9. His first compliment to me was, “You have the perfect nose.”
10. He works with the kids helping them review their memory work.
11. He is the provider and wants me to be home with our children.
12. He makes me feel witty and doesn’t try to one up me. He just smiles and says, “How do you think of these things?”
13. He encourages me to keep learning.
14. He lets me write and share stories about funny things he does.
15. He doesn’t feel the need to be the center of attention.
16. He trusts me.
17. He is patient with me and the kids.
18. He likes spicy food and will enjoy it with me.
19. He doesn’t ever speak ill of me to others.
20. He can keep a secret.
Happy Valentine’s day Jason!
This post is linked to Happy Wives Club, Marriage Mondays and Top Ten Tuesdays.
Happy Valentine’s Day to both of you. Your kids are blessed to have you for parents.
Wonderful… That’s all I can say…
Corinne Rodrigues says
Feeling the love, Esther, as always. Wishing you and your wonderful family a very happy Valentine’s day!
Great post, we should always take time to appreciate those we love! Happy Valentine’s Day!
I love #7!!!
Elizabeth Grimes says
Aw, that’s a great post. Happy Valentine’s Day!
So sweet! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your hubby!
Susan Evans says
Sweet… very sweet…
Renee Ann says
Very nice post! Have a great Valentines Day!
so sweet! Happy Valentines Day!
kelli zaniel says
What a wonderful hubby! I hope he read that entry! Happy Valentines day!!
Nancy @ A Rural Journal says
What a nice tribute to your hubby. I think you are both lucky to have found each other. 🙂
What a sweet love letter:)
I tried to pick my favorite … but I kept arguing with myself. 😉 I know your husband feels loved, and it was so good to hear some of the many reasons why. I hope you had a sweet day together.
Fawn Weaver says
Great list, Esther. Love his nose compliment :).
Mai Bateson says
Hi Esther! This is Mai at the Happy Wives Club and Fawn wanted to make sure you saw the note that our Thursday link up party has now moved to Marriage Mondays – beginning today. We want to get all our favorite married bloggers linking up every Monday so we hope you’ll join us.