In honor of Valentine’s day I’d like to share a few things that I appreciate about my husband. This list is not exhaustive or in any particular order.
1. When I crawl into bed after he’s already asleep, he says, “You awesome woman,” or some such variation -almost every time!
2. He likes to take the whole family out to eat and is actively involved with the children at the restaurant.
3. He watches movies with me even though that’s not his favorite past time.
4. He chose me and has never acted like he’s regretted it, although at times I wouldn’t blame him if he did. 🙂
6. He and I enjoy the same type of games.
7. He takes the kids for a half hour to an hour in the evenings on a regular basis so that I can do something without them.
8. He encourages me to stay fit and healthy. Well at least I’ll appreciate this some day! Ha!
9. His first compliment to me was, “You have the perfect nose.”
10. He works with the kids helping them review their memory work.
11. He is the provider and wants me to be home with our children.
12. He makes me feel witty and doesn’t try to one up me. He just smiles and says, “How do you think of these things?”
13. He encourages me to keep learning.
14. He lets me write and share stories about funny things he does.
15. He doesn’t feel the need to be the center of attention.
16. He trusts me.
17. He is patient with me and the kids.
18. He likes spicy food and will enjoy it with me.
19. He doesn’t ever speak ill of me to others.
20. He can keep a secret.
Happy Valentine’s day Jason!