It was so fun to have my mom here with us last week. While she was here we celebrated her birthday. As is the tradition at our house, I asked her what meal she wanted me to make for her for her birthday. She asked for my homemade jalapeno pimento cheese, potato soup, brownies, and ice cream. This is one of my family’s favorite meals!
Now do not prejudice yourself against this yummy cheese spread with grocery store versions in mind. I am not a fan of those little round packages of pimento cheese in the refrigerated sections of the grocery store, but I LOVE the homemade version, especially with jalapenos–yum!
8 oz Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz Mexican cheese blend, shredded
8 oz Velveeta, cubed
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 oz) jar diced pimentos, drained
1/4 to 1/2 cup diced pickled jalapeno peppers
It was a special treat to have Mom here for her birthday, and I loved putting together this easy, but yummy meal for her. She went home on Saturday, and I miss her so much already!
- 8 oz Sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 8 oz Velveeta, cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 oz) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup diced pickled jalapeno peppers
- Process half of the cheesed and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining cheese to the food processor along with the sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Process and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, pimentos, and jalapenos and hand mix until well blended.