In November I excitedly told you that, thanks to you guys, we won the Funniest Homeschool Blog Award from The Homeschool Post. I recently received an email letting me know specifically what we won. I wanted to share this with you and thank you again. Because you took the time to read and vote you have blessed our family with the following things that will enrich our homeschool. I should be receiving these prizes in the next three weeks. We are so excited!
1) Teach Them Diligently family registration convention pass. Teach Them Diligently is a homeschool convention with the goal of encouraging families in the discipleship of their children. This year their keynote speakers are Ken Ham, Voddie Baucham, Pam Tebow, Sally Clarkson, and Heidi St. John. Anyone going to the Omaha convention? We’re thinking about trying to make it to that location!
2) Math Mammoth Blue Series Bundle. This bundle contains 35 books as PDF files, plus four variants of the Money books, for a total of 39 books from Math Mammoth Blue Series – self-teaching work texts. It is available as a download and as a CD.
3) That’s Math! This is a membership website that trains parents how to help their kids become more confident and interested in math. As you learn to use positive math talk, share ideas with other members, and do the activity pages with your kids, you’ll give your children the confidence in math to really excel! Sounds great!
4) See the Light Art Class. ART CLASS Volume # 1 of the 9DVD/36 lesson series.
5) 7Sisters 1 Curriculum Item of choice. Choose from Writing, Psychology, Literature, Human Development, Drama, and more!
6) 1 – Parenting Essentials Package from Doorposts. This package gives four Bible-based charts to help with character building, discipline, and sibling relationships in your home, our bestselling topical Bible for parents, and a quick-reference “checklist for parents” booklet.
7) A Journey Through Learning Lapbooks is offering a lapbook bundle of choice (pictured). Educational and professional quality lapbooks for all subjects and ages. These lapbooks are great for new or seasoned lapbook families. You can find lapbooks on nearly every subject and many correspond with other curriculum companies such as Apologia, TruthQuest History, Geography Matters, and more.
8) Goldtown Adventures–From the author of the Circle C Adventures comes a new series set during the waning days of the California gold rush. In book 1, Badge of Honor, twelve-year-old Jem Coulter and his sister Ellie’s lives begin to unravel when their father accepts a job as the sheriff of the lawless Goldtown. Hot off the press (November 2012), each book prize also includes a vial of real gold!
9) THSC Good Citizen Pack and Educational DVD of your choice Produced by THSC specifically for Texas home schoolers. This very helpful, 80-page unit study helps to fulfill the requirement of “good citizenship.” Using this study, elementary- through high school-age students will gain a more complete understanding of government and the Texas legislature through the activities, projects, and reading assignments.
10) Woodrow, The White House Mouse is a charming and educational children’s book by bestselling authors Cheryl and Peter Barnes. If your kids have been asking what the president does or what elections are all about this busy fall, they’ll love Woodrow, The White House Mouse, which teaches readers 4 – 8 all about American government!
11) In Branches Of Eden – Examining The DNA Evidence Of The Biblical Account, Wendy Wippel describes the essentials of DNA and shows how the study of human genes reveal the fingerprints of the Maker.