I always have so much fun looking back over the year and seeing which posts from my site received the most views. Although a couple of them are not surprised because I notice they receive lots of daily traffic, there are always some that surprise me. Thanks to Google search engines and Pinterest many of our top posts are our favorite recipes. Maybe there’s one or two you missed this year.
1. How to Make Vanilla Milk–This is a yummy recipe one my daughter picked out of a kids cookbook and asked to make together. It a favorite drink around here. Think melted and warmed vanilla ice-cream! It’s great cold too!
2. Sopa de Fideo (Mexican Alphabet Soup)–This is my kids’ favorite recipe and generally requested for birthday meals. It is a recipe that I grew up with in Mexico that I adapted and changed as I grew up.
3. Quick Texas Beer Chili–One of my go-to recipes all year round. The slow cooked homemade version is my favorite, but when I’m in a hurry, I can have this favorite ready in about 30 minutes!
4. Classical Conversations Community Review– CC has become very popular in homeschooling circles. I think people are searching for real life experience with the program and this was mine from my first year. After two years of using the curriculum and home we joined a Community again in this fall, and we are really enjoying it!
5. Homeschooling Myths–This is one of those posts that I scrawled out late one night. I was so surprised by the immediate exposure it got!
6. Funny Kids Quotes about Bathrooms–Here is one that makes me laugh. I’ve never claimed to be the world’s best housekeeper, but with homeschooling and five kids later…I need help!
7. How to Make the Best Chicken Quesadillas–It took me a while to get over the fact that quesadillas SHOULD only have cheese in them, but now I love these Chicken Tex-Mex version almost as well as the authentic all from Mexico ingredient quesadillas.
8. Peach Pie–Now I don’t claim to be a pie making expert, in fact I really struggle at making them look pretty, but I this fresh peach pie sure was a hit!
9. Chicken Cheese Dip–Being a fan of the traditional Rotel Queso dip, I love experimenting and making new versions. Why not try it with chicken? I thought one day, and I was glad I did!
10. Losing My Baby: No Early Warning Signs–This is the first of a series of posts in which I blogged about my first miscarriage. My prayer is that someone out there would be encouraged by my story. I had no idea miscarriage was so common, or could be so painful.
Susan Evans says
How fun to see what your top 10 posts were! 🙂