I seem to be a little short on humor of late. I will blame my pregnant condition. So here are my top ten things that I haven’t found funny.
1. My DH falling asleep at the wheel–on the highway.
2. My floss missing from my drawer–to be mysteriously found on DH’s side of the bed. You know, the important things in life!
3. Spaghetti all over my floor. Little Jason took one look at supper, picked up his bowl, threw it on the floor and said, “Don’t want it!”
4. Being exhausted and blacking out when I stand up because I over did it on the days I felt good.
5. Children that cannot find their shoes. Can I tie them to their nose?
6. An escaped Retriever that when I finally got hold of her collar to put her back in the fence, threw herself on the ground and rolled and twisted. I could swear she was trying to break my arm. Hopefully there are no videos.
7. Tiny bits of paper torn up and scattered all over my house, daily.
8. Not being told about extra charges at a restaurant until receiving the bill. I wasn’t sure I’d like the house salad dressing, so the server happily said she’d bring me a back up. My backup cost 50 cents. Tacky. It was also an extra $1.50 to get half hamburger and half pepperoni on the pizza, but of course she didn‘t tell us that. Okay, so it might not break the bank, but it certainly does not make me want to return. Who knows what charge will be on there next time!
9. On returning from my weekly shopping trip being told that someone is out of something completely necessary, forcing me to return to the store with all four children. No. Not funny.
10. Walking to my mailbox and hearing a vicious growl. I dutifully jump, scream, and flail. It was just the neighbor kid. Oh well, I guess I did laugh that time. I just hope it doesn’t become a regular thing!
I’m linked to Top Ten Tuesday.
personally i would duct-tape the shoes onto the kids, make hubby go to the store for the needed stuff, put a pile of cheerios on the highchair tray (and call it even) then run into the bathroom, lock the door, and take a long hot soak in the tub….
just wait for the days when not only is everything not funny, it also makes you cry! cause u know they’re coming soon! keep your chin up (and your feet, after a long day!)praying for you! 🙂
Yeah, definitely not-so-funny – preggo or not! I hope things get better for you! Make those cookies! 😉
I have nightmares over that falling asleep at the wheel part.
Wow! #1 is YIKES scary. Last summer I was traveling home from my uncle’s with my brother and he did that a few times. Had me, his wife and two of his kids in the car. One we went over onto the shoulder and hit the “road farts” (I seriously don’t know what they’re called except for that), he was bright eyed and bushy tailed. Guess that scared him.
#8 call me horrible but when they do things like that to me, I take it out of their tip. That’s just wrong of them to not tell you. Especially when they offer as if they’re being hospitable.
Elizabeth Grimes says
I agree with Bonnie’s solutions! Hang in there. 🙂
What’s with the kid growling at you? Suburbs! 🙂
Ugh, the store thing gets me the most! I feel like I’ve been beat up from head to toe everytime I take my fab-five to the grocery store or Target, so to get home and find out my husband’s out of deodorant really ticks me off. LOL
Kim @ Stuff could... says
I recognize a lot of your list as life. I know pregnant makes it tougher to deal with. I hope it gets better, and watch out for the kid at the mailbox:)
Ya’ll, Though I failed to see the humor in the moment, I laughed as I wrote my list. Yes it’s all just life and much more bearable when you can laugh as you go. I’m not having a pity party I promise! I wrote it because I did find it humorous in retrospect. I do however appreciate the sympathy! 🙂
I been there on most of those items. Just remember it always gets better and to have a good laugh about it.
That is a lot to deal with – especially with those homornes!
I’ve finally given up and assigned the girls 1 pair or crocs that stay in the coat closet next to the door. As soon as we walk in the door, they come off and stay in the closet until next time.
I can’t help you on the rest…..
I promise never to drink coffee while reading a top funny list from you again, it does not feel good coming out of my nose! LMAO!
As long as you have your humor or can tap into it, life is always good!!!
Thank you for sharing!!!! = )
I like Bonny’s suggestions :).
I understand. My sense of humor has been pretty much gone during my pregnancy. Here’s to hoping this baby boy makes an appearance soon so Mommy gets back to normal!
I clearly am a different breed to most of your commenters. I found this post absolutely hilarious! Sorry, but it’s true… (oh, and by the way, you are mentioned in my post tomorrow)
I’m glad you can laugh about it now!
#8 would totally bug me too. There’s a restaurant chain around here that has kids eat free on Sunday. What they don’t tell you is that the drink is not included, even though the rest of the week the drink is included with the kid’s meal, so you end up paying $1.50 per kid until you figure that out. Then just tonight we ate out and my son wanted bbq sauce instead of the teriyaki his meal came with, and they charged us 54 cents. :/
#8 is annoying especially when you have worked in restaurants and you know the cost of these things and how very much of that kind of thing goes to waste and how much food they waste in general! I am glad you are able to laugh in retrospect anyway #1 is very scary tell DH to be safe!
Ambrose Mugwump says
Who is this mysterious DH? Your stalker?
Sorry! DH is Dear Husband! =)