One night as I was plugging in my laptop, it sparked and I commented something about it being dangerous. Jason grabbed the other end and said he wondered what would happen if he stuck it in his mouth. The humor was lost on me for I was intent on what I was doing. I just rolled my eyes, turned back around and unwittingly broke into the song that had been going around in my head all day, “I wouldn’t know what to do. I’d be lost without you watching over me.”
Kim @ Stuff could... says
These are such true words, and yes kinda funny. Jason that is….
Why do men even think of such things? I doubt a woman would ever consider popping an electric cord in their mouth! Funny men!
Susan Evans says
Did he get electrocuted? I assume not…
My husband and I were still in college when we got married, so we purchased a duplex and lived on the first floor while renting out the second floor until we finished school. We were doing some cleaning on the upstairs apartment one day and I received a little “shock” from a hanging chandelier that I was washing. My husband, who was an electrical engineering student at the time, assured me that it’s IMPOSSIBLE to get a shock when the power switch is turned off. But I swore to him that I had felt the “off” chandelier emit a shock and I was too scared to finish cleaning it. After all, I reasoned, the duplex was over a hundred years old and could have faulty wiring!
To my horror, and to prove his point, he stuck his finger into the empty lightbulb socket just to show me that it was indeed harmless. I could NOT believe that he would do such a risky and dangerous thing just to prove a point…I almost had a heart attack! But, in this case, he (thankfully) was right…and I was wrong. He did not get shocked…so I finished cleaning the chandelier.
Even now, electricity still scares me….even if the power switch is off!
Grumpy Grateful Mom says
Man humor is lost on me too. My 14 mo. old son had the same idea last week. Luckily, I saved him just in time. I’m glad your husband did not go through with it. 🙂
Once when we lived in Mexico City a lot of outlets in the apartment building did not have covers on them. Our toddler got shocked more than once. Our two-year-old daughter commented, “If I stick my finger in that hole, you no have any more one of me!”