Nothing makes me feel more like Susie Homemaker than when I’ve fixed supper in the morning. You know the ol’ fix it and forget it slow cooker method. Except that’s such a lie. I mean you fix it, and then you smell heavenly spices slowly mingling together to perfection till you just HAVE to eat something. Susie Homemaker ain’t skinny. I’ll tell ya that. So maybe you should fix this when you’re going to be out and about instead of slaving away at home. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 ( 1 oz) envelope Ranch dressing mix
- 2 (15 oz) cans whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (16 oz can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) can beer
- Toppings: Cilantro, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream
Fry the chopped onion and the ground beef together until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender. Add the ground beef mixture and all the rest of the ingredients except the toppings to a 5 1/2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low 5 to 6 hours.
Serve with your favorite toppings. This dish was mild enough even with a can of Rotel tomatoes that even my kids that can’t eat very spicy food loved it. Me? I chopped some Serrano peppers and added them with the rest of my toppings and it was absolutely perfect. Yum!