As long as I can remember I have loved avocados. When my eldest sister married, and I found out that her new husband didn’t like avocados I thought she was so lucky. There would be more for her. I wasn’t quite that lucky in love…when it comes to avocados. My husband loves them too and most of our kids join us.
Bacon Stuffed Avocados with Sweet & Sour Dressing? Yes please!
Here is what you need for the recipe.
- 3 Slices bacon
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 1 Key Lime
- 1/4 Cup Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fry, drain, and crumble the bacon.
- Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sugar, ketchup, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce to make the Salad Dressing.
- Pit and peel the avocados. Generally I find if the avocados are ripe, you can make a small cut in the peeling and then peel it right off. Sprinkle the avocados with the lime juice to keep them from turning black in the air, and fill the avocado cavities with the bacon pieces.
- Then drizzle the dressing over the avocados. Yum! This is so good!