One of our favorite things to make to go with any Mexican or Latin American meal is fresh, chopped Avocado Salsa. This is very much like Guadalajara Guacamole. I know most people think of Guacamole as containing smashed avocados, and when made right I love that version also, but chopped avocado Guacamole is my first love. For a stricter guacamole verses salsa I’d cut the amount of tomato in half. I actually gave this recipe to a friend who made it and won a Guacamole contest!
Peel, pit, and chop the avocado. Then gently toss it with the lime juice to keep it from turning brown. Chop the onions, cilantro, and pepper and add to the avocado and toss gently. Add salt to taste.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 plum tomatoes or 1 large tomato
- 1 serrano pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- the juice from 3 key limes
- salt to taste
- Peel, pit, and chop the avocado.
- Then gently toss it with the lime juice to keep it from turning brown.
- Chop the onions, cilantro, and pepper and add to the avocado and toss gently.
- Add salt to taste.