This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sverve. All opinions are my own.
“What?” you ask, “It’s just barely October and you’re talking about the holidays?” Absolutely! This is the perfect time to get a head start on holiday shopping. We have actually had no presents for the kids on Christmas morning before because time and money got away from us. Don’t let that happen to you! Here are five reasons to start now:
1. Beat the crowds– I hate fighting the crowds during the Christmas season. Seriously, if I haven’t purchased my gifts ahead of time it’s just too late. Crowded stores give me panic attacks. If you start now, you can shop in peace and take your time in decision making.
2. Free up your time— November and December are arguably the busiest months for most families. Church parties, work get together, school activities, Christmas plays, travel… It seems like from the week before Thanksgiving until after Christmas there is something beyond the normal schedule going on every day. How much more time you have to enjoy these fun times when all of your Christmas shopping is done.
3. Toy availability— Last minute shopping is just asking for the item on the top of your child’s Christmas list to be sold out. You see it every year. Parents paying exorbitant amounts of money to purchase that special toy. Being ahead of the game you can rest easy while all those last minute shoppers are pulling their hair out.
4. Save money— Planning ahead you have the time to shop around and compare prices or find things on sale. When it comes to those last few weeks before Christmas people end up just paying whatever price in order to have a gift under the tree.
5. Less Stress— I was going to write “stress free” holidays, but come on. Let’s get real. Is there any such thing? Ha ha! But there is enough stress to go around. How much easier it is to have all your Christmas shopping done!
Walmart is hosting Holiday in Toyland where you can interact with this year’s hottest holiday toys #ChosenByKids! Join me at the event and get a jump on your holiday shopping! Click here for more information, dates, and locations.
I need to remember to free up my time in November and December. I seem to want to do allthethings and it never pans out well. Great tips!
I hate crowds too, so I’m one of the early shoppers. Thanks for sharing! 🙂
I love shopping steady and slow. I start in July. LOL! I can find things for all on my list,just a few things a month. When I see something someone would love I grab it. Amazon is great for fun jewelry at great prices. I don’t buy seasonal gifts like sweaters or scarves. Again I am bringing up Amazon, they have some of the funniest T-shirts! I can usually take care of most of my shopping by November. Then its time for the toys.A few special ones that are the wanted and in my price range. I end up having more money for the goodies if I start early. And the added bonus of way less stress.
Freeing up time and less stress go hand in hand for me. Yet I still fall into some last minute shopping. Aaaah – not this year!!
These tips are really good and thanks for sharing!
Bertha Brown says
I’m getting most of my shopping done earlier this year for the same reasons. I want to spend lots of time with family and friends and hosting parties. Lots of fun to come this holiday season for my family!
Annette Belnap says
These are great tips. I hate the stress adding to the Holiday season!
reesa lewandowski says
I LOVE the garland on your tree! <3
Katelyn F says
Beating the crowds is a good point! It’s one of the major reasons I don’t the early morning black shopping thing. I hate waiting! Although, I have gone shopping on Black Friday later in the day, like the afternoon. Still some good deals, but not nearly as many people out and about. And I do think getting your shopping down systematically, and early, lets you enjoy all the other activities going on, which are so much fun!
Stephanie Pass says
These are some great tips! I never remember to shop early and beat the crowds, lol.
Sara P. (@SensiblySara) says
Those are great tips! Beating the crowds is the biggest reason I shop early!
Amanda H says
Great tips! I’ll try to beat the crowd by shopping online. I’m always last minute though!
I’m an early shopper. My hubby hates it but is always thankful for my preparedness by Christmas!
Thanks for the tips! I love shopping early so I can get what I want.