This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of SheSpeaks/Febreze. All opinions are my own.
As you know we love to travel! After a most unfortunate, but quite hilarious adventure of flying with kids, we have deemed road tripping it the only way to travel with kids, for now at least! But those long hours of being shut up in a small space with a lot of little kiddos can be testing to say the least. Here are 5 Must Haves for Successful Road Trips with Kids.
1) A happy attitude! The kids always want spending money on vacation. I have found a fun way to reward the kids and encourage a happy attitude. I give each child $5 per day on vacation, but they don’t receive it until the end of the day. Every time they display a poor attitude, fight with their siblings, or whine they lose $1! I tell you what they work hard to hang on to those dollars and the result? A very pleasant day of vacation. Win win right?
I have also found that it helps when I plan on things going wrong. I mean things always do go wrong! So expecting those bumps in the road, can ease the tension when they come.
2) Road Trip Games. Prepare a couple of games that will hold children’s attention for lengths of time. My kids love travel bingo, cards, DS games, and I spy. Thanks to Febreze for our new Road Trip game!
3) Books on Tape. We find traveling to be a great time to listen to literature together. It’s so much fun to be able to talk about the book as a family and share what we think about it.
4) Emergency Kit. Something always happens with kids. I learned this after one kid threw up all over the other one in the van on vacation. I like to have a bag with a couple of changes of clothes. I try to just pack a couple of sets that would work for everyone in an emergency even if it’s not the perfect size. Pack underwear and socks for everyone. Accidents happen in the most awkward of times. Recently one kid stepped ankle deep in mud. It was so nice to have socks and a change of clothes ready. Also, you can’t go wrong with a huge tub of wipes!
5) #FebrezeCar! Whether it’s sickness, dirty socks, a kid stepping in poop, a dirty diaper, or…just too much great Mexican food, road trips can be smelly.
Febreze Car clips are great! Just clip them to the air conditioner vent to eliminate those tough vehicle odors for over 30 days! Let’s leave the smelly car life in the dust! It’s time to ride in freshness. Find Febreze Car clips at your local Walmart. Happy travels y’all!
Giveaway! Here’s a chance to win a $25 Walmart gift card so you can begin planning for your next totally fresh road trip. 🙂 Enter on the Rafflecopter below!