In October of 2015 we became the proud owners of a sparkling, new Ford Transit 10 Passenger van. If you missed how that all came about go read the full, incredible story of how we got our new van. So, so many people have asked me for this review. I apologize for the delay. I think I’ve been too busy driving it! Ha!
I’ve been driving it six months now and the truth is I still love everything about it. Do I recommend it? Oh yes! Let me tell you why.
1. It’s a beautiful vehicle! I’ve always chosen my drives more on the practical side than the beauty of them, but with the Transit I can have both! Seriously, strangers have stopped me multiple times just to say, “Wow, that’s a beautiful van.” People want to know where they can get one! One friend told me it fits my personality. When I asked how so they replied, “It’s sassy!” Ha! I love it!
2. It’s so easy to drive! The 2016 Transit is not on the body of a truck like some of the previous van models. The Transit is it’s own body. At first I wondered if I wanted to purchase a van so new, but guess what? It’s not new. They’ve been making these in Europe for years. The Transit sits lower than my previous van and has so much more window visibility.
3. Safety features:
- Airbags–Besides just the front driver and passenger air bags, there are also side airbags in the back to help protect my children!
- Captain’s Seating–In the Transit every seat is a captain’s chair. This is something I was looking for. The tall seats with head rests help protect every passenger from possible whiplash injuries in accidents. You can read up on the crash testing, but we were very pleased by how the Transit stood up.
- Rear Security Camera–How I love my rear camera! I love that I’m not blind when backing up.
- Lane keeping alert and Driver Alert– This was a feature I was super excited about. You see, I’ve caught my husband nodding off at the wheel. How he has never been in a wreck this way, I’ll never know. The thing is, he doesn’t know he’s tired until his head starts nodding. I love this added feature. It will vibrate the steering wheel when you veer out of the lane. The driver alert will give verbal warnings that the driver may be fatigued.
4. Sliding Side Door–I love the sliding door. With it open there is so much room for all the children to pile in, no more waiting in line single file for each one to climb in. But this is one thing I was warned about before we purchased our van, and it’s the one shout out I’ll tell you. It is heavy and difficult for young children to open and close. I rely on my older kids to man the door for the others though, and it works well for us. If you decide against the sliding door, there are other options.
5. The space! Not only do I love the space in the cabin, but I love having space in the back for groceries, strollers, and of course luggage. There is so much room in this van!
6. The gas tank is hidden! This is just a small thing, but I absolutely love it. Not only is it pretty, but it makes it much more difficult for someone to steal your gas. Someone would have to first be able to open the driver’s side door.
Road tripping is a thousand times more fun in our 2016 Ford Transit! I’ve just given you a few of my favorite things about my van. Do you have any questions? I’m sure there is lots I’ve left out!