Life isn’t always all smiles and laughter and here at the Laugh With Us Blog home it’s no different. I am convinced, however, that joy and humor can be found every day and no matter the situation if one will just look for and pursue it.
Here are this month’s top ten funny moments:
1. Faith was watching Bobby upstairs, and I kept hearing Bobby scream so I called her on the phone (Insert smile here.) and asked, “Do you need some help? Bobby keeps screaming!”
“What? I can’t hear you. Bobby is screaming.”
2. In a discussion with my husband I accused him of never taking my side, of instantly taking the other side even before he hears what something is about. “I swear if some man walked up to me on the street and knocked me in the head, you’d ask me what I did to him.” …wait for it… “I would wonder…” came his instant 100% truthful reply. That man. I KNOW he loves me. 😉
3. Tonight’s supper was a HUGE hit. I mean my entire family raved about the food and thanked me over and over. You know what I served them? Mexican rice and beans. Ha ha! Granted it was from scratch and also served with cream sodas, but wow. Made me smile. Sometimes it’s just the simple things right?
Here is my Mexican Beans recipe. My rice will be on the blog soon! 🙂
4. Ok so I’m not angry, nor do I hold a grudge, but to all the moms that kept me up at night wondering how I would break my little boy of sucking his thumb–Ha! One morning he woke up with his thumb hurting, and I showed him the cut he made on his thumb and explained to him how he was hurting himself to continue sucking his thumb. That was the last time he sucked his thumb! He quit cold turkey on his own! I am such an awesome mom. 😉 Now, if he would just decide to use the potty… I’m the worst mom ever!
5. I finally got my hair colored. Yes, that gray growing out was driving me nuts. I went to my usual place, but all my regular people no longer work there. “Just so it’s not red!” The lady did my hair and wouldn’t let me see until it was completely styled. “See. It’s not red,” she said. She was right. It’s bright orange!!!! Ha ha! Sorry no photos. 🙂 Thankfully after a few washings it’s not so bad!
6. This kid. At my parent’s house I realized I hadn’t heard him in a while. I went looking and calling everywhere. He was gone. I began frantically going room by room. That’s when I happened on a locked bathroom door. “Open the door this instant!” I called. The door knob began to move. There he was. He had stolen a game from his sister and had gone into hiding to play it! Me? I was just glad he was alive and well!
7. Driving to church for a funeral, my husband was in a hurry since my daughter in the back seat kept telling him we were going to be late. At a stop light he honked when the car in front of us didn’t turn quickly at the blinking yellow light. After we both made the turn, I said, “What if they go to our church?” We followed them all the way to the church parking lot and watched them turn in!!! Ha ha!
8. After Sunday school my 4 year old came running to me. “Mommy, I made this for you. It’s you plus heart equals Daddy!” I love his math! I also found it quite hilarious that I had no hair while my husband…. What made you smile today?
9. My seven year old Little Jason, at least that’s what we call him. Everyone says he looks like his Daddy, but he laughs like his mama. He cracks himself up, all the time. He does not get bored, because he entertains himself instead. Unfortunately that tends to happen noticeably at times when he is supposed to be quiet, like at church. Ahem! Once something strikes him funny it’s impossible for him to quit laughing. I can so relate. As a parent this can at times be…inconvenient, but it’s something I love about him and hope he keeps his laughter as he grows. Laughter is good medicine! What made you smile today?
10. At a pizza buffet with my kids and friends I had my eldest daughter watching Bobby for me. As I was visiting all of a sudden it hit me. There was a little head sitting by my daughter, but it wasn’t Bobby. This head wore a pink bow. “Faith, where is Bobby?” I asked.
“He’s right he….” the shock on her face as she realized the little body beside her was not her brother. Ha ha!
I had one of those mom panic moments for a few seconds, but then found my son getting a slice a pizza. Whew! Still no idea why the little girl decided to join us or where she went after I went in search for my son…
And there you have it! This month’s top ten humorous moments!
I challenge myself to write down at least one smile or laugh of the day! When I began my website six years ago, I shared my daily laughs on the blog regularly. I’m still sharing our humor on the site, but those daily fun or funny moments I’m sharing over on our Facebook page. If you’ve missed these stories on the blog join us over there and I’d love to hear what makes you laugh each day too!