I saw a photo come across Pinterest that read “Jalapeno Popper Dip.” I decided right then and there that I MUST have some and the sooner the better. Then I clicked on the recipe. It contained mayonnaise, and while I like mayonnaise I’m not a huge fan of it in dips. I did an online search of all the similar recipes I could find and all contained mayo except one that called for mascarpone. Now that sounded good, but I didn’t have any on hand. So I made a few changes and substituted sour cream. Oh my. This is a new favorite at our house!
2 (8 oz) Packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
I never think ahead to take out the cream cheese to soften it. Instead I soften it slightly in the microwave a few seconds at a time, turning the cheese occasionally until it’s soft enough to mix. Stir in the sour cream until it is well mixed. Add the chopped jalapeno peppers and one cup of the cheese and mix until well distributed. If you like things extra spicy add more jalapenos. Half a cup proved to be the perfect mix for our family so that everyone could enjoy it. I purchase pickled jalapenos that are medium in heat.
- 2 (8 oz) Packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream in medium bowl until smoothe
- Add 1 cup cheddar cheese and jalapenos. Mix until evenly distributed
- Place in a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 min.